Regardless of what you eat, most likely it will be on one of the trends list for 2019. Some of the major trends have ancient Biblical roots.
Here’s a wonderful recipe – a smoothie morphs into a smoothie bowl. Plant proteins are a healthful trend this year, as well. Can you tell which of the ingredients contain the plant proteins? One of seeds that contain protein has ancient Biblical roots….
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1 medium frozen banana (I freeze them whole in the skins or out)
- 1/4 cup almond milk or favorite milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup ice cubes
- Banana slices
- Shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Walnuts or other nuts
- Mini chocolate chips or shaved dark chocolate
Place the banana, milk, peanut butter, honey, vanilla and cocoa powder in a blender. Puree until smooth. Add ice and puree again until smooth. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle on toppings of your choice. Eat immediately.
Recipe, adapted only slightly, and photo from kitchentreaty.com . The site is chock full of doable, tasty recipes and tips for vegetarians and meat eaters living together. Here’s what Kare has to say about the site: