One of the most popular today are black beans, and they star along with corn and peppers, in this easy salsa. So yummy!
BLACK BEAN & CORN SALSA
Darn, I can’t remember the origin of this recipe, but I do know every time I’ve shared it, someone tweaks it a bit to their taste. So, go to taste on seasonings. lime juice and peppers.
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained or 3 cups fresh corn off the cob, raw or microwaved for a couple minutes and cooled
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5-6 plum tomatoes or equivalent garden tomatoes, chopped chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Cilantro to taste or parsley
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt to taste
- A little olive oil to taste (opt)
- A bit of garlic to taste (opt)
- Tortilla chips
Combine everything together. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.