OK so it’s Valentine’ Day soon and you want to get that someone special well, something special. How about something homemade? After all, something from the hands is also something from the heart. These 2 chocolate candies are not only beautiful, but delicious. Guaranteed to win your love’s heart! Now if you want to see me make the clusters, check out Fox 19’s Morning Show Cincinnati with Frank Marzullo. My buddy Frank and I made them together on Tuesday, Feb 12.
Use the best quality chips you can buy.
SALTED DARK CHOCOLATE NUT CLUSTERS
- 20 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups dried cranberries, cut into small slivers (or dried cherries)
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 8 dried apricots, diced
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Melt chocolate in a nonstick pan over low heat or in a double boiler. Remove from heat when some lumps remain and stir until smooth. This ensures chocolate won’t burn.
- Stir in cranberries, almonds and apricots.
- Scoop out small mounds onto sprayed foil lined pans.
Sprinkle with a few flaky salt granules and refrigerate until hard. Store in refrigerator. Can be done 2 weeks ahead.
No real recipe – just melt anywhere from 10-20 oz. dark or favorite real chocolate chips and stir in from 1/2 to 1 cup salted chopped pistachios. Pour onto foil-lined sprayed cookie sheet and let harden in refrigerator. Break into pieces and enjoy!