LABOR DAY BARBECUED BAKED BEANS
- 2 cans pork and beans, 16 oz ea.
- 1 can regular beans, your choice, drained
- 1 cup favorite barbeque sauce or more to taste
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped but not peeled
- 4 strips bacon, sauteed and cut up
Mix everything together. Pour into two quart sprayed casserole. Bake in 350 degree oven about 40-60 minutes, until bubbly and no longer real runny.
Delicious hot, room temperature or cold. Serves 6-8.
Why eat beans? They’re cancer-fighting, low-cost and good tasting. Beans are naturally low in fat and high fiber and protein along with other good nutrients.