WORLD’S BEST SLOW COOKER CREAMED CORN
Gosh, so many people send me this recipe. I first heard about it from my neighbor, Erin, across the road. She made it and loved it. Then a couple readers shared their recipe. Here’s one from friend and radio colleague, Sue Marks. I enjoy being a guest on her show “Food Thoughts”. Sue said she made hers in a cast iron pot and it turned out great.
I’m going to make it for our Memorial Day celebration. This is so popular it has gone viral. No, not the healthiest item on the buffet table, but oh so good and a real treat!
- 2 1/2 pounds frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup whipping/heavy cream (you could also use half & half)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature, chunked up
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker. Whisk together heavy cream, cream cheese and butter in slow cooker until mostly smooth.
- Stir in corn, parmesan cheese and sugar, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours, checking after 4, stirring occasionally, or until mixture is smooth and creamy and corn is tender-crisp.