I love sharing recipes from readers. Check out this one – unusual in that it contains lightly salted almonds for a sweet & salty granola bard.
From Betze Brown, who says: “The following was a BLUE DIAMOND recipe that I tweaked”.
Betze’s Almond Granola Bars
1 6-oz can Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds
½ cup honey
1-¼ cup Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oatmeal
½ cup Rice Krispies
¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
6-oz pkg Mariani dried cherries
¼ cup Nestle semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1. Line a 6 x 11” pan with parchment paper.
2. Microwave honey for 1 minute.
3. Add remaining ingredients to warm honey.
4. Pour & press (with waxed paper) evenly into prepared pan.
5. Refrigerate 2 hours.
6. Cut into pieces and serve.
7. Cover with waxed paper and keep refrigerate.